So here it is. The almost finished blanket I'm making for my soon-to-be new cousin.
We're big Mets fans in this family, especially my family in Florida. They go to a bunch of Spring Training games each year, so baby Vinny will be all set and ready to go this March/April!
|Dino thinks it's his blanket|
|Why does blogger insist on rotating random pictures sometimes???|
I was so not looking forward to dealing with this! I spent all day Saturday weaving in ends. But it wasn't just weaving I had to do. I did a lot of pulling stitches. Since the wool content is minimal in this yarn, I had a hard time keeping the stitch tension at the color changes consistent. I had to go through almost every stitch inside the orange circle and tighten it all up. Then I did the weaving. It took me literally all day to get (I think) all the ends woven in.
|Again with the random rotating pictures!|
On the knitting front, I have a couple more rows of stockinette stitch before the 20 row seed stitch border. I might actually pick up stitches on either end to make the blanket longer. Or I can stop having OCD and just let it be. But it's really bothering me that the blanket is wider than it will be long. Must. Stop. Obsessing.
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece
Needles: US 7
Pattern: My own, unpublished as of now