Monday, January 23, 2012

Surprise in my journal

I have a collection of cute notebooks and journals from when I was in high school.  Back then, the only way I had to deal with my teenage angst was through creative writing, and I much prefered to write in pretty journals.  When my mom found this out, she'd buy up every journal she saw.  She has a tendency to do these kinds of things, such as this past Christmas when she bought me about 7 sheep themed toys or stuffed animals.  I'm 26 and I got a sheep pillow pet and beanie baby for Christmas.  Or a couple years ago when I happened to mention I like houndstooth and she bought me a bag, scarf, gloves, shirt, skirt and coat all covered in the print.

I've been using these notebooks lately to write patterns in as I'm working on them.  I needed a new one and grabbed a random one off the shelf.  This is what I saw on the first page.


Apparently a few years ago when I was obsessed with writing, my younger cousins decided to add their own writing to my book.  Some of these cousins have now graduated high school and some are just turning into their own teen years.  I love finding these cute hidden memories around :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails