Monday, November 12, 2012

Whoa.

Our power came back on last Tuesday evening- exactly 8 days without power.  Ever since then, things have been a little hectic, but now they're getting back to normal.  I was even able to get some sewing done today- the first time in weeks!  Guess I won't be getting that Halloween project bag done for, um, Halloween.

But having power means I can finally post some pictures!

Storm?  What storm?  It's nap time!

Working on my BFF Cowl Swap link


Flooding started before the storm even officially hit us

Early Monday afternoon


This is why our power was out for so long.  But not WHY it went out

Next door

Somewhere under there is our telephone pole



Traffic lights out

Main Street, Babylon Village




Argyle Lake overflowing

Canal overflowing into the park



Flooding in Lindenhurst

I'm still so thankful that we ONLY lost power.  My heart goes out to those whose homes have been damaged or destroyed in the storm.  But at the same time, people are coming together to help each other.  And right now, that's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails