Monday, March 28, 2011

Kayleigh's Krew - Donations? Prizes?

After posting about Kayleigh's Krew and my March of Dimes efforts, I was thinking of ways to increase donations.  I know times are tough (remember that part where I'm a sub and only work when needed?) and that people are not necessarily as able to just give for the joy of giving.  So I'm thinking of doing some donation incentives.

I was brainstorming yesterday while I was knitting and came up with some ideas.  Here's what I've got so far:

  • project bags- I've been working on these so I can get my etsy shop opened asap
  • stitch markers I've made
  • needles I have doubles of
  • yarn...who doesn't love this??
  • maybe a knitting book from my stash
I'm also thinking of making some jewelry, and whoring myself out as a knitter/crocheter.  I want to include things not just for fiber arts so that any non-fiber-a-holics family and friends can join in the giveaways.

Where I'm stuck is how to determine the winners.  I can do a random number generator or each dollar is one entry (to encourage bigger donations).  Any ideas?  Especially from anyone who's done giveaways on their blogs before!  I want to have this hashed out by the end of the week so I can post, publicize and get some donations! 

If there's anything you'd like to donate as a prize, that works for me too :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails