Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Another Finished Shawl

Here's another one!


Pattern:  Geometry by Jen Hansen of Knitting Like Crazy
Yarn:  Knit Picks Stroll Hand-Painted Sock Yarn in Playtime
Needles:  US 5/3.75 mm
Mods:  None
Project Page:  Geometry



I actually started this project before my Carefree Shawl but didn't expect to finish it so quickly because of all the KALs I'm participating in right now.  But I found a point where I was at a stopping point for all of them an handily had this waiting for me to finish.



It stall for a couple days because I couldn't find my second ball of yarn but it eventually appeared and I finished quick.



Once I got the hang of it, the lace portion wasn't so bad.  I messed up because I was using place markers and assumed that they would separate the lace repeats.  WRONG!  Note to self:  next time, make sure to count stitches at least through the first repeat.  Good thing I used a life line just in case.  Once that was fixed, and I knew which rows I needed to move my stitch markers, it was smooth sailing.


It is much bigger than Carefree.  I had to stand on the couch to get the whole thing in one picture.  I definitely need to use smaller needles for lace from now on.  Maybe size 3s or so.  Carefree came out pretty good on size 4s, but I think 3 is my magic number.  Just to show how loose I knit!  But because my stitches are so big, it makes it harder to see the actual lace pattern, which is a shame.

The yarn is sooooo soft.  I wasn't crazy about Stroll when I did the Moodiness Socks at first, though it did soften up.  I do have to say, the hand painted feel much softer.  Probably why it's more money.


As you can see, Dino enjoys my shawls.  He was very good and stayed away when they were blocking too.

1 comment:

  1. Turned out great!

    I actually just edited the pattern so that if people wanted to add stitch markers, they would work! Some people were getting confused so I decided to make a small mod to the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails