Monday, February 20, 2012

Welly Warmers

I feel like I can't keep up with all the new patterns we've been getting into the store lately.  We've got some new Knitbot, Never Not Knitting, and so many others.  

One of our popular patterns is these new Quilted Lattice Welly Warmers by Pam Powers.  Now, that is quite a mouthful and we've taken to just calling them Welly Warmers.  Only I tend to slip up and call them Willy Warmers :o/  Beware!


These are my hot pink Welly Warmers to go with my non-Welly rainboots. 


I bought 1 skein of Berroco Vintage to start with and figured I've got plenty of that and other worsted weight yarns to do the rest of the warmer.  I mean, no one's going to see the inside so it really doesn't matter that it's not going to be the same color.



I probably should have made the quilted lattice part a little longer, but I'm already running low on yarn.  If my yellow buckles show a bit, I'm ok with that.  I'm just happy to keep my legs a little warmer when I'm wearing these babies.

Speaking of, they haven't gotten much loving this winter.  Though they're rainboots, I also wear them as snow boots (as in, getting to and from my car in the winter or when I'm shoveling).  They're great at keeping my feet dry but they do nothing for the cold.  But I haven't had to worry about that much since it's only snowed twice this winter.  And today it's in the 40s.  In February.  So not typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails