Thursday, November 26, 2009

Raising the White Flag

I tried. I tried very hard. But I don't believe it is possible to make the Claudia Hat pattern into a pair of mittens. At least not with that ribbing pattern. Working thumb increases for the mittens is possible, but it just doesn't come out looking good at all. So I frogged the whole thing. I'll make a matching scarf instead. I wasn't sure I had enough yarn for that though since A.C. Moore doesn't seem to carry it anymore, but then I had the thought to make it for my little cousin Courtney who is always asking me to make her a hat.

You might be wondering, why am I posting at such an absurd time? The Boy is driving up to his grandfather's house and I'm trying to stay awake as long as possible in case he needs help staying awake/to know when he gets there. That and I just drank a huge coffee so make sure I stayed awake driving home from Long Island/ease my sore throat (not a good sign by the way!). At least now I'm caught up on all my blog reading, found some nice patterns on Ravelry, and edited my OTN bars on the blog.

Also, Happy Turkey-Pasta Day! And Happy Thanksgiving to all the non-vegetarians out there!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck getting it done! Lord knows I don't have a clue when it comes to knitting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails