Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sheep Talk


This month's SSGLI meeting was all about SHEEP!  While we often focus on wool and fleeces today there were actual live sheep at the barn :o)

Mama Lisa leashing them up to come play with us.  Yes, sheep on leashes.

Needless to say, I was in heaven.  These little guys were so damn friendly!  They're like dogs- only better because you get to spin them.  Someday, someday, I will take them all home with me.



As you can see, everyone enjoyed feeling these 3 month old boys.  Lisa of Bay Haven Short Tails brought 2 of her 4 little men to visit with us.  These 2 were the ones she had to bottle feed.  The other two stayed home with their mommy (Hazel, Lisa's son's sheep that he WON at MS&W last year, and Hercules, the ram she brought home to, well, make more sheep with).


These boys just love attention.  Granted, they did get a little distracted by things they could chew on.  But really they loooooved being petted.  And we willingly obliged them!



This is Malin, my new boyfriend.  I can't say no to a sheep who WANTS to lay his head on my lap.  He nibbled my fingers too.


Julia got some kisses from Oliver too :o)

Here's what I learned tonight about raising sheep:

  1. They're cheaper to buy than a dog.
  2. You don't need allll that much room for them.
  3. They're the friendliest little guys ever and make awesome pets.
Even better- they talk to you:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails