Thursday, October 6, 2011

Welcome, Abby!

Monday evening we got the phone call that my cousin was going into labor.  More than 24 hours later, this little peanut joined our family

Abigail Nicole

I visited Abby at the hospital last night and couldn't believe how calm she was.  She was watching everyone (as much as a newborn can) and observing.  She barely cried and only when the nurse took all her clothes off to run a couple tests.

Feeding time with Mommy

The first time I held her, I had just sat down when I felt her fart.  She peeked out through one little eye as if to ask "Did anyone notice that?"  Yup, she's definitely part of my family.  After that, she was very awake for the rest of the time we were there.

Mickey ears!

I made her a little Mickey ears hat which barely fit on her head.  I couldn't get it to stay on, or for the ears to stay up.  I guess I'll have to make a bigger one really quick!

I also made her this blanket over the summer, which Mommy received at her baby shower in August.

Can you tell a couple letters are missing underneath??

Mommy loves Mickey Mouse, but couldn't find Mickey bedding for a girl's room (only Minnie or Disney princesses).  So I worked out a colorwork chart and knit this blankie up.  I'm planning on making another in boy colors just because I want to size up the Mickey head.  I can't wait for a picture of Abby with it!

And now for the cuteness pictures that I just can't resist sharing.

Apparently she's already a Jets fan

Tiny wrinkled feet
Holding Daddy's hand

Ok, that's enough cuteness for now.  Don't forget to enter the 100th post giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. She is just precious! Congrats to your cousin and her husband.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails