Monday, January 6, 2014

All the Shades of Truth

We started a new KAL at the shop this weekend!  Well, technically 2 but we didn't really announce it ahead of time and I never actually cast on the second one.  But I did get started on my All the Shades of Truth scarf!

Here's what I'm using for the project:

Madelinetosh Sock in Great South Babes

Madelinetosh Sock in Graphite

Madelinetosh Sock in Paper

Shibui Knits Sock in Midnight

Shibui Knits Sock in Ink

I'm using my Chiaogoo US 6 needles for this project to get gauge.  Typically, being a loose knitter, I have to go down at least one size needle.  But I actually had to go up a needle size to get gauge.  And, yes, I did gauge for this project.  Mine is coming out a little denser feeling than another KAL participant who is using the TML it calls for, but I'm good with what I've got so far :o)

I actually accomplished this entirely from stash!  Shocking, I know!  The Ink Shibui came from a frogged pair of knee socks from about 3 years ago (1 UFO taken care of so far).  The Paper madTOSH is leftovers from a Christmas present (and therefore not counting in using up 14 skeins of sock yarn stash- that has to be 100g skeins, but I am counting using up both those Shibui colors).  Yay for working towards my 2014 goals!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails