Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Do You Still Knit??

I know there hasn't been much news on the knitting front these days.  Mainly, it's because of a couple reasons.


  1. School.  Taking two summer classes in 6 weeks = not the smartest idea.  It's not really that much work, but on top of everything else it's keeping me on my toes.
  2. "Work".  My work knitting takes up pretty much all my knitting time, since that's the only income I have right now (anyone know of any part-time jobs in Brooklyn??).
  3. Designing.  Yes, designing.  The Knitmore Girls Podcast is hosting a design contest for premie/newborn hats, and I'm working my butt off to get some in.  Every pattern will be featured in a downloadable e-book, but several will be chosen as winners with prizes.  Either way, I'd love to get that Knitmore logo on my design and the coverage that comes with their name.  I've got 2 hat styles finalized with many other ideas swimming around my head.  I don't know if I want to send all of them or not, though that also depends on if I get them done in time.  I'll do a post about them soon though I promise!
In other news, I've been thinking about all the yarn and projects I have in my room.  Our lease is up in just over 2 months which means moving again.  Moving yarn.  And UFOs.  Oy I get stressed just thinking about it.

So I heard on The Knitting Show and on Peter's blog that he was working on his "Project:  Free the Needles."  I was inspired, and have my own UFO finishing project plan swimming in my head with those hat ideas.  Check back for that one soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails